Teradata Senior Staff Distributed Platform Software Engineer in San Diego, California
We are a market leader and innovator in advanced analytics and the management of a variety of structured, unstructured and semi-structured data. We help bring analytic insights to enterprises via powerful products such as the Teradata Analytics Platform that seamlessly integrates Teradata’s massively-parallel, linearly-scalable Database and Machine Learning and Graph Engines, seamlessly connects to data from Hadoop, Spark or any Teradata database system. It's no secret our people make Teradata great. The world’s business leaders have trusted Teradata for decades as the key to their competitive edge with business intelligence. Why? Because we provide them the agility to adapt and move with confidence – just like we do.
Teradata Analytics Platform Development is seeking an experienced software architect to join our analytic platform development team, with a focus on workload management and monitoring. As a member of the team, the candidate will work to lead the team in design and implementation of various manageability components of the analytics platform, collaborating across teams as needed. The candidate will contribute to the development and improvement of Teradata’s analytic platform capable of running relational, statistics, and machine learning functions at scale.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
· Participate in building and enhancing scalable solutions for monitoring and managing the analytics platform
· Apply strong software development best practices and discipline to work with cross functional groups to deliver high quality products
· Address challenges of data processing across a distributed data processing platform on modern hardware architectures and on the cloud
· Tasks will include designing solutions to distributed systems problems, performance optimization, and features development
· Develop client language API (Python and Java) for applications that drive the distributed cluster processing
· Collaborate closely with analytics and UI engineers for end to end design and implementation of the platform features
· Drive the development and support of key features of the platform throughout its life cycle, from conception to support and enhancement
· Mastery in C, C++, Java, and Python
· Ability to conceptualize, design and implement new products
· Effective communication and presentation skills
· Strong understanding of distributed systems and parallel data processing
· Strong understanding of management and monitoring in a parallel data processing system
· Knowledge of relational database and SQL
· Knowledge of language compilers
· Knowledge of operating systems, Linux systems programming, and programming languages
· Experience in building high performance data processing systems
· Ability to understand, develop, and implement advanced data structures and algorithms
· Experience with test-driven development
· Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
· Experience in leading implementation teams of 3 to 5 Engineers.
· Master degree in computer science/engineering with 10+ years of related Experience or PhD with 5+ years related experience.
· Experience in Docker, Kubernetes and other DevOps technologies a plus
· Experience in database optimization or execution a plus
· Experience in in-memory data processing systems a plus
· Experience in Hadoop, Spark, and related technologies a plus
· Experience in distributed file systems (Ceph, HDFS, etc) a plus
Location: San Diego Ca or Austin Tx.
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.