Teradata Senior Software Development Engineer in San Diego, California
The Software Development Engineer will become a member of the Teradata Database team responsible for implementing, unit testing and support of the Teradata and Aster Database Backup and Restore (BAR) software solutions and Enterprise APIs at scale. The successful candidate will work closely with other team members to create & support cross-platform solutions that will work with Third-party BAR applications, Teradata Web Application Portal and Teradata Database technology platforms, AWS, Azure & other platforms.
· Responsible for design of features and leading design reviews.
· Responsible for development and unit testing, database access, integration testing using Agile Development technique
· Analyze and troubleshoot issues
· Communicate effectively with other engineers and various stakeholders
Skills and Experience:
· Proficient in Core Java, Spring AOP, ORM iBatis, JAXB Parser
· Working knowledge of JMS, ActiveMQ
· Working knowledge of REST APIs
· Working knowledge of Web/HTTP/SSL and SQL
· Experience using IDE Eclipse, SVN, Continuum Tools Stack (JIRA, Crucible, Ivy Repository, FishEye, Wiki)
· Working knowledge of Agile Development as well as Continues Integration/Deployment Methodologies
· Familiar with C/C++ programming
· Familiar with concepts relating to application performance - algorithms, profiling, troubleshooting
· Strong analytical abilities involving complex software in a parallel processing environment
· Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Working knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum 8 years of experience in software development
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability cover