Teradata Database Product Support Engineer in San Diego, California
Database Product Support Engineer
Teradata Database Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering deep-level technical support to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of the Teradata database along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
What We Do
Teradata delivers business outcome led through technology-enabled solutions in the areas that matter most – from operational excellence and asset optimization to customer experience and product innovation, to finance transformation and risk mitigation. We work with leading businesses in over 75 countries worldwide. Our clients include many of the top performers and best-known brands in telecom, transportation, consumer packaged goods, financial services, and manufacturing. We focus on turning the most complex and challenging data sets into high-value assets that produce high-impact insights and tangible value for the business. We empower companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes. Our focus on business solutions for analytics, coupled with our industry-leading technology and architecture expertise, can unleash the potential of great companies.
What You will do:
Teradata Product Support Engineers are key members of an expert team of support analysts, focused on delivering a myriad of deep-level technical support related assignments to both internal and external audiences. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the Teradata database and its associated tools and platforms along with the ability to clearly articulate support decisions and findings. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, creative, support analyst who is ready to contribute to Teradata's success.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of Teradata products
• Work with internal and external customers to deliver technical analysis and solutions for Teradata product issues
• Recreate problems to assist with root cause analysis
• Interact with Engineering and peers to isolate product defects
• Adhere to Teradata Incident Management Process
• Treat every customer professionally and with respect; ensure positive customer experience and satisfaction
• Coordinate proper escalations, where needed, for unresolved issues
• Gain and maintain current knowledge of Teradata Customer Services Policies, Procedures, and Service offerings
• Create and share knowledge
• Experience working in a mission-critical, 24/7 environment
• Assist in technical mentoring