Teradata Senior Industry Consultant – Financial Services in KARACHI, Pakistan
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value. Visit teradata.com.
Think Big Analytics provides industry and business consulting, data science, solution development, business intelligence and data visualization expertise to optimize our customers’ ability to take advantage of data and analytics to deliver business value. Its focus is on delivering immediate business value to our clients by:
· Business outcome-driven strategy - delivering business focused, world-class, advanced analytics to help you achieve the greatest outcome
· Unparalleled expertise - Our team of over 1,000 consultants worldwide brings deep expertise in industry consulting, delivery excellence, data science, AI, analytic software development and analytics as a service
INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
Teradata seeks to appoint a new and key contributor to the Think Big Analytics Business Consulting team with the aim of driving growth and success in our Financial Services client base in Pakistan and Bangladesh. As a key member of the broader account team this role will help further drive value and new opportunities for our customers and Teradata.
It is expected the candidate will exhibit a deep knowledge of the Finance / Insurance industries and how data & analytics can drive value across all sectors. The successful applicant will have been engaged in roles directly related to data and information acquisition, management and analysis in these industries. They will be driven by a desire to achieve results and quality customer engagements and will have demonstrable success supporting sales activities.
The Think Big Analytics Industry Consultant leverages his/her diverse industry experience to drive sales of Teradata business and technology solutions. He/She works to understand the client’s business, articulate industry visions and trends, and to identify opportunities to leverage Enterprise data ecosystem to support, enable and facilitate the client’s strategic business improvement and change agendas. He/She will then work in collaboration with the sales team to build, present and sell the business / technical case for relevant Teradata products and services.
He/she will be expected to establish and maintain relationships with key client personnel, developing a trusted adviser role wherever possible. They will establish or enhance executive level relationships, provide subject matter expertise on engagements, and identify new target opportunities emerging within the industry.
This role will involve building and maintaining an expert knowledge in data ecosystem software, tools and techniques and an excellent understanding of industry standards and technology trends. The Industry Consultant will be an integral team member of the account teams, building relationships with clients, both Business and IT, Sales and the Professional Services Delivery team.
Essential to the role is a capability to work in a team environment (internally and with partners and prospects/clients), and provide thought leadership and mentoring for sales executives, business and technical consultants on general business methods and practices, as well as opportunities and trends affecting their focus industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
· Acts as an industry spokesperson and subject matter expert articulating Teradata value to external audiences, able to articulate the value proposition and client-specific benefits of Teradata versus major competitors
· Lead in presales and consulting engagements opportunities in Finance and Insurance in Pakistan and Bangladesh
· Scopes, develops, and proposes business opportunity plans for evolving the relationship with the Teradata customer, both extending existing solutions and prospecting for new, innovative opportunities
· Provides subject matter expertise and presents solutions and proposals for client engagements
· Mentors Solution Sales Specialists, pre-sales and post-sales consultants to infuse industry knowledge into their specific technical/business consulting expertise
· Assists the sales teams develop sales strategies to drive sales and delivery of Teradata solutions
· Strong and clear understanding of Financial Services Industry (minimum 10 years’ experience)
o Working experience with major Pakistani and/or global financial institutions in senior executive or management consulting roles across a range of financial services functions, operations and change programs
o Strong business background to understand an organization’s strategic plan including alignment of all key corporate functions to the organizational strategy , mission, vision and corporate values
o Understands key business challenges, gaps and requirements that can be translated into data integration & analytics sales opportunities
o Understands IT and OT landscape, including core and non-core systems / applications and their interrelationships
o Understands evolving IT and OT trends across Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, IoT etc
· Able to link technology solutions to business problems
o Data management experience within the financial services sector
o Experience of linking technology solutions to business problems
o Experience of creating and presenting business cases to senior/top management
o Strong project management capabilities, ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
o Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly and accurately assess new situations and identify potential approaches and/or solutions to complex, multi-disciplinary problems.
· Credible, accomplished and well recognized individual with good network of contacts at board and senior executive level
o Accomplished and recognized influencer. A thought leader, driving industry practices and trends
o Customer centric and with strong client-relationship acumen
o Consulting experience with top tier consulting firms is a plus
· Understands & has knowledge of tools and methodologies such as six sigma, lean, agile etc. Exposure or experience in continuous improvement process, change management and strategy management assignments
· Strong consultative, communicative, writing, presentation and debating skills
· An excellent command of the English language
· Demonstrable knowledge and experience of the use of data to improve business performance
· A motivated, proactive, organized and self-starting attitude and working style. Strong personal and team goal orientation
· Demonstrated consultative approach to business problem solving internally or with the client / prospects and / or partners
· Ability to scope and create action plans through business needs analysis which include critical thinking and analytical reasoning that identifies the business opportunity with the most compelling ROI analysis, benefits, risk, and success factors
· Experience identifying key business opportunities and initiatives, solutions and overall strategy for meeting business objectives
Experience in capturing business opportunity insight and experiences, documenting lessons learned and best practices for reuse
· Experience in working with sales teams to develop and deliver appropriate data-driven solutions for clients
· Experience in other competitive data & analytics technologies and systems
· Ability to lead small technical teams to generate proposals and perform client technology reviews
· Ability to manage and coordinate responses to tenders in complex and competitive environments
· Is motivated, innovative and resourceful
· Ability to work flexibly in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
· Ability to influence and coach others
· High level of personal integrity
· Team focus - works within a sales team environment where results will be based on cooperation with and / or influence of others
· Results orientation – focuses on results and success, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure. Meeting deadlines and producing high quality work. Optimises available resources
· Relationship building – relates to people in an open, friendly and accepting manner. Shows sincere interest in others and their concerns. Initiates and develops relationships with others