Teradata Account Executive Finance & Aviation in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The Account Manager will focus on developing finance & aviation accounts as his main and principal function and a nominated list of emerging target accounts and prospects based on a vertical market territory as an added function. He/she will have the primary responsibility for driving the execution of sales engagements with finance & aviation accounts. The Account Manager will be accountable for continuous account planning that drives medium-term and long-term growth, new customer footprints/applications, territory funnel management, accurate forecasting, field relationships with Partners to expand coverage within the territory and for working with Professional Services to build a sustainable consulting stream. This is a quota carrying position.
Managing the Sales Process
• Manage sales activities by ensuring sales related activities gain customer commitment, build momentum and accelerate sales cycle.
• Ensure that sales activity, funnel, and revenue commitment tools are properly executed.
• Work through sales process with key players to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe.
• Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns.
Strategic Account Planning
• Map out the key players in the customer account and determine sales implementation strategy.
• Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model.
• Understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviors within the customer organization in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within organization.
• Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer objectives.
• Develop a Partner strategy for targeted accounts.
Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
• Ensure that forecasting is accurate with regards to the value, timeline of closure and probability of closure.
• Analyze sales activity data, develop the necessary sales contingency plan to ensure financial profitability and success.
• Utilize a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business.
• Analyze creation of solution offer and proposal development to ensure it promotes value based pricing.
• 10 years + Solutions Sales experience including at least 2/3 years’ experience in selling complex technology solutions advantageous, i.e. hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
• Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and CRM is preferred.
• Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key customer accounts resulting in increased revenue growth.
• High level strategic planning skills.
• Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level on a regular basis.
• Ability in selling and articulating solutions sales.
• Ability to lead complex tenders and proposals.
• Ability to deliver on target
• Ability to travel to and meet with customers within the entire territory is essential.
• Strong experience in the Financial and/or the aviation industry is must.
• Local market experience is preferred.
• Fluent English is a must
Bachelor degree in a business related field or IT.
Master degree will be valued.
Innovative and resourceful
High degree of energy and initiative
Self-motivated and competitively driven
Resilient and focused
Ability to transform strategy into results
Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork
Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
High level of personal integrity
High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence