Teradata Account Manager Manufacturing in Amsterdam, Netherlands
As the global leader in data warehousing and analytic technologies, Teradata solutions make smart companies smarter. Teradata gives companies the people, technology, innovation and a world-class network of customers and partners enabling them to gain competitive advantage to master their markets. With Teradata, the smartest wins. Learn more at teradata.com
The Account Manager will focus on developing a nominated list of emerging target accounts and prospects based on a vertical market territory. He/she will have the primary responsibility for driving the execution of sales engagements within the Manufacturing Industry. The Account Manager will be accountable for continuous account planning that drives medium-term and long-term growth, new customer footprints/applications, territory funnel management, accurate forecasting, field relationships with Partners to expand coverage within the territory and for working with Professional Services to build a sustainable consulting stream. This is a quota carrying position.
· Managing the Sales Process
· Manage sales activities by ensuring sales related activities gain customer commitment, build momentum and accelerate sales cycle
· Ensure that sales activity, funnel, and revenue commitment tools are properly executed
· Work through sales process with key players to minimize issues in the close of an order and ensure Teradata and customer objectives are met in the agreed timeframe
· Effectively advise and influence customers through consultative selling techniques and relevant marketing campaigns.
· Strategic Account Planning
· Map out the key players in the customer account and determine sales implementation strategy.
· Research the customer environment to be able to populate the business impact model.
· Understanding of political relationships and their impact on buying behaviours within the customer account in order to determine appropriate sales approach for each level within organisation
· Develop a competitive sales strategy that anticipates competitor actions and places Teradata as the best in the market to meet customer objectives
· Develop a Partner strategy for targeted accounts.
· Planning, Forecasting and Reporting
· Ensure that forecasting is accurate with regards to the value, timeline of closure and probability of closure.
· Analyze sales activity data, the team's P & L and develop the necessary sales contingency plan to ensure financial profitability and success
· Utilize a structured approach for identifying and measuring the quality of potential new business.
· Analyze creation of solution offer and proposal development to ensure it promotes value based pricing.
· 10 years + Solutions Sales experience includes at least 2 years
· Experience in selling complex technology solutions advantageous, i.e. hardware, software, professional services and technical services.
· Knowledge across Business Intelligence, Data warehousing and CRM is preferred.
· Demonstrated success in building, elevating and nurturing relationships within key customer accounts resulting in increased revenue growth.
· High level strategic planning skills.
· Proven customer relationship skills, with experience in interfacing with customers, at Executive/Director level, on a regular basis.
· Ability in selling and articulating solutions sales.
· Ability to lead complex tenders and proposals.
· Ability to deliver on target
· Ability to travel to and meet with customers within the entire territory is essential.
· Fluent English is a must
· Bachelor degree in a business-related field or IT
· Master degree will be valued
· Customer focused
· Innovative and resourceful
· High degree of energy and initiative
· Result Oriented
· Self-motivated and competitively driven
· Resilient and focused
· Ability to transform strategy into results
· Ability to work in a rapidly changing, ambiguous and often pressure-filled environment
· Ability to influence, coach and motivate others and promote teamwork
· Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills
· High level of personal integrity
· High degree of empathy and emotional intelligence
· Coaching skills